Friday, August 1, 2008

Only 7 More Days






I can't believe that in only 7 more days the Olympics start! The travel channel dedicated a whole week of programming about the People's Republic of China. Every evening I made it a point to sit down and further educate myself about China and its history and traditions. Viewing the footage of Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Summer Palace and the Great Wall of China brought back wonderful memories of our trip in May 2007. Oh how I would love to go back and visit! The travel channel also aired several shows highlighting China's cuisine. I've tried to make several Chinese dishes, but let's just say that it wasn't too appetizing! I think I will stick to Chinese take-out from now on. I wanted to share a couple of photos of the Beijing Olympic countdown clock in Tiananmen square. I mean how many people have the same picture of the Olympic countdown clock during the same day, hour, minute and second?

0 comments: