Thursday, August 21, 2008

Here I Go Again..................



Here I go again. Today is the first day of the fall semester and it's going to be a new experience. In the past couple of years I typically took only one or two classes and during the adoption process I didn't take classes at all. Now I am taking four! Many people say that hind sight is 20/20 and boy is that the truth. I'm certain that it would have been easier to attend college right out of high school when life was more carefree with less worries. Don't get me wrong, I know that young college students work and study very hard to obtain their degree, but the challenge seems to multiply as a person ages. I know as a 40 uhhhhmmmm...something that I maybe tend to overthink, analyze, and worry about things that I typically wouldn't have given a second thought to 20 years ago. On the other hand, at times, I feel I have an advantage to younger students. I have more life experience and knowledge that has greatly assisted me in several of my courses. I have come to accept that maybe these classes pose a great challenge for myself, but if I had attended college right after high school I probably wouldn't have met my best friend, become the mother of three beautiful daughters and a unbelieveably handsome little boy from the People's Republic of China. I couldn't imagine those experiences not being part of my life. Although a challenge, I am at peace with the fact that this is all in God's devine plan.

1 comments:

Ohilda said...

Woohoo! You are my role model now! I am looking forward to someday going to nursing school. Ya never know!

Hugs,

Ohilda