Monday, November 10, 2008

Warning....this is not my decor!!!

Okay, so my husband and I were going through our dinosaur computer to see if there was anything we needed to save when we ran across some hilarious photos. In 2002 my hubby received orders to be stationed aboard the USS Bataan in Norfolk, Virginia. We decided to travel from Texas to Virginia for 4 days to meet with a realtor and find a home prior to the actual move. We talked about what type of home we wanted before we arrived to Virginia and we decided that for our budget we would pick a home that needed a little fixing up. Baaaaah haaah ha ha ha! Let's just say that we all live and learn ;)

Homes were so scarce at the time that we really didn't have much choice but to select a home that needed a few (dozen) updates. Our home was on the market for one day when we uttered the words "We will put an offer on it!" With a total of three offers placed on the home, including ours, we anxiously awaited to hear if we were going to be first time homeowners. Then we got the call from our realtor and the cute little "rustic" gem was ours! Looking back I am glad I have these photos so I can appreciate all of our hard work!





These are the photos of our kitchen when we viewed the home in 2002. What were we thinking??????? So not my decor at all!




This is what I did when my hubby was underway on a 6 month deployment. Better, but way too themey!





Our work in progress. What an improvement!!!

2 comments:

Barbie said...

Wow!! You are making some awesome changes. Love it!! It will be so worth all of the hard work.

Ohilda said...

Looks awesome!!! I love before and after pics.

Hugs,

Ohilda