Friday, October 31, 2008

Presenting Kaiden........aka Mr. John Deere farmer



Well here he is all dressed up for Halloween! I had so much fun putting together Kaiden's costume and all for under $10! In fact, I believe I only spent around $7 for the entire project. We already had the hat, t-shirt, black paint, box, and a half a can of green spray paint. All I had to buy was another can of green spray paint, yellow paint, the headlights (that actually worked), reflectors for the back, and I printed off some John Deere Logos off of the Internet. Kaiden walked around telling everybody he was a John Deere tractor. He was beyond too cute for words, and he absolutely loved all the attention he was getting at the mall!

I got the idea for Kaiden's costume just from his hat and t-shirt. I am from the Quad-Cities area which consists of Davenport, Bettendorf (Iowa) Rock Island and Moline (Illinois) area. Moline is the birthplace of the John Deere tractor. My parents sent the t-shirt and hat when Kaiden became part of our family in 2007. Kaiden wears his hat constantly, and it makes me so sad that my baby is outgrowing his hat. When we visited back home this summer we took Kaiden to the John Deere museum and he enjoyed seeing and climbing up on all of the big John Deere combines. I Googled John Deere Halloween Costumes and found the cutest tractor costume ideas and I absolutely knew that was the costume that I wanted to make! Maybe next year I will make a International Harvester tractor cosutme to pay tribute to my father who worked and retired from there after 32 long years!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job!! He is so stinking cute!! And he got a great haul, too!!

Ohilda said...

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! And that boy of yours is just adorable!! What a great job, Mama!

Hugs,

Ohilda