Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Diaper Cake..............


This past weekend I had the honor to attend a baby shower for my friend Evelyn. I couldn't decide what to get the baby and my daughter informed me that one of her teachers had a business on the side making diaper cakes. Huh?????? What the heck is a diaper cake? Of course I was curious so I googled "Diaper Cakes" and I thought they were soooooooooo cute and that they made the perfect baby shower gift!
I was going to order one from Shanna's teacher but I thought "I can do that!" Evelyn's theme was Sesame Street so I went around to all the stores collecting items for the cake......no problem because I love going shopping! Over several hours of work I finished the diaper cake and I think it turned out beautiful! Frank said I should do this on the side. This could be a possibility since I can't work due to the fact that Kaiden is going to speech therapy 3 times a week and I plan on attending college full-time in the fall. Hmmmmmmm, I may just do this!
I had a great time at the baby shower and it was nice getting together with some of the girls from Eastern Virginia Medical School and talking about all of the crazy things we did at work. We had a lot of laughs and most importantly Evelyn had a good time and enjoyed all of her gifts!




0 comments: