Thursday, March 6, 2008

My 100

My 100
100 things about me......Wow, it was difficult coming up with 100 things. It certainly took me awhile! Some of the things I love and some I am surprised I put on the list. My likes, dislikes and life events that I have experienced which has shaped me into who I am today………Enjoy!

1. Over the past 20 years I’ve lived in 7 states (Illinois, Arizona, California, North Carolina, Colorado, Texas and now Virginia)
2. I’ve lived in these places because we WERE a military family ……………go US Navy!!!!
3. I’m very glad my husband is retired from the Navy!
4. My husband doesn’t want to go on a cruise for a vacation….thanks to the good Ol’ US Navy…..geesh, thanks a lot
5. I served in the United States Air Force.
6. I don’t want to live in Virginia anymore.
7. I want to live in south Texas where it’s nice and warm.
8. I really, really, really dislike cold weather.
9. I love seeing snow fall.
10. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
11. I don’t care for Halloween.
12. I want to lose weight.
13. I just got my belly button pierced….crazy huh???
14. I got married when I was 21 and my husband was 19.
15. Yep, I robbed the cradle…tee hee hee! I bought beer for him too!
16. I enjoy comedy and chick flicks like the Notebook.
17. I am taking a public speaking class and statistics.
18. I hate public speaking! Statistics isn’t that great either!
19. I miss not being close to family…over 20 years now
20. I miss my sister-in-law Brenda. She passed away last year from breast cancer August 07’ and she just turned 35.
21. I hate that my car insurance rates have tripled since adding my three teenage daughters to the policy……..eeeeeek!
22. I love decorating my home.
23. I would love to fly in a jet!
24. I love going to amusement parks!
25. My favorite color is purple.
26. I want to adopt again.
27. I’m not sure if the hubby will want to adopt again.
28. I love Jolly Rancher suckers….mmmmmmm!
29. I hate unloading the dishwasher.
30. I hate folding white clothes….where did that other sock go???
31. I am too hard on myself about my weight.
32. My oldest daughter weighed 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. She will be 18 in April!
33. I have two tattoos (rose on my back and a small unicorn on my upper chest)
34. I would like to get another tattoo one day!
35. I like being a Stay at home mom.
36. Some days I wish I had a job!
37. I wish I went to college when I was younger.
38. I enjoy summer!
39. Swimming takes my mind off of things.
40. I am reading “The New Earth” from Oprah’s book club.
41. I love my girls and can’t imagine life without them.
42. I have twin girls born 4 weeks premature…..they are almost 17!
43. I don’t like when people play off of others sympathy for their own personal gain! This is probably my greatest pet peeve!
44. I can’t wait until I become an elementary school teacher!
45. I couldn’t imagine life without Kaiden.
46. I have more patience with Kaiden than I did my girls.
47. My favorite ice cream is Cake Batter from Cold Stone Creamery.
48. I love black jelly beans!
49. I don’t like to mow the lawn.
50. My favorite water park is Schlitterbahn (German meaning slippery roads) in New Braunfels Texas just north of San Antonio
51. I have about 10 cans of paint in my garage because I am always changing my mind on wall color.
52. I cringe when my husband says “lets go to Home Depot” all I see are $$$$$$ and more tools…….arrrrgh! He may be thinking “No More Paint Please”
53. I wish I had more friends.
54. I wish I lived closer to the friends that I do have!
55. I like watching Rock of Love on VH1, and watching the girls fight over Brett Michaels……..hilarious!!! I think he wears a wig…no more big 80’s hair….lol
56. I get tired of going to Wal-Mart all of the time….even though they have great prices.
57. I love watching The Biggest Loser.
58. I wish I had thicker hair…..It’s sooooo stringy and thin!
59. I like Ketchup on my eggs.
60. I like to go to yard sales and find good deals!
61. While I was in China I learned that I like to eat sautéed pumpkin leaves.
62. I’m always thinking of things to buy for the house…curtains, pictures, more paint.
63. I need to have a yard sale!
64. I can’t wait to buy season passes to Busch Gardens Europe….only 40 minutes away!
65. I always procrastinate when I need to go through closets or go through a stack of paperwork.
66. I dislike mean people!
67. I have too high expectations of myself.
68. I feel lonely at times.
69. I had a miscarriage when I was 20 weeks pregnant.
70. She would have been 20 this year.
71. I enjoy being 40 and feel like I am 25!
72. I cant stand when things stick to my feet when I am walking in my kitchen……yuuuuck!
73. I remember being in the Girl Scouts and making a macramé plant hanger for my mom. 1970 something……lol
74. I only moved once growing up and it was the next block over.
75. I got into a fight once in high school….really, it wasn’t my fault!
76. My parents have been married for almost 42 years.
77. I know my marriage will last….my husband is my best friend.
78. I can’t believe that I will be going to college this fall with my daughter.
79. I didn’t participate in sports in high school
80. I didn’t excel in school when I was younger.
81. I have a 3.5 GPA now. It’s amazing how well you do when you are paying for classes…..lol
82. I wish I were more outgoing.
83. I don’t like getting wrapped up in others chaos.
84. I like to be outside only when it’s over 70 degrees.
85. <------I graduated in this year. No, it wasn’t 1995.
86. I don’t typically drink but I do like Blue Moon Beer.
87. We ALWAYS stay home on New Years Eve. I don’t like being out on the roads!
88. I am quiet when I first meet people. It takes a while for me to warm up to others.
89. I love it when people ask me if my daughters are my sisters. I just want to give them a great big hug and a kiss!!!! Although the other day a lady at the store asked me if I was Kaiden’s grandma….I don’t think I look like a grandma yet!
90. I love sour gummy worms.
91. I listen to all types of music
92. I love the movie 16 Candles and The Breakfast Club. Guess what decade I grew up in???
93. I don’t like being envious of what others have.
94. I want to be happy with everything I do have.
95. I want to be a more organized person.
96. I can’t believe Barbie doesn’t like Chocolate!!! Godiva mmmmm!
97. My kitchen is decorated in Coca~Cola.
98. My daughters can make me laugh so hard at times I almost pee my pants.
99. I believe all things happen in God’s time.
100. IF I HAD TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING!!!!


Now it is YOUR turn. I would love to learn more about all of my blogger friends so play along! Leave me a comment and let me know where to find you.

1 comments:

Barbie said...

You did it!! It is so nice to get to know more about you. We do have a lot in common! Isn't it a blast to have teenage daughters? And then to have these sweet little ones still calling us Mommy. I love it!