Thursday, September 25, 2008

THRIFT STORE THURSDAY....almost Friday

Can you say $1.49??? Yes, that is correct, my next thrift store find was a whopping $1.49. By the looks of it I am guessing that it was previously a candle holder. There were old dusty (1980's) flowers wrapped up all along the base with its lovely greenish petina color....yuck. I knew I could spruce this one up easily and decided this little project WOULD NOT be spray painted black. My plan is to use it for every holiday and I didn't think black would be great for Christmas or Easter! Heck, the spray paint cost more than the darn thrift store find and I really like how it turned out! Now that its been brought back to life, it will start off by being my decorative mini pumpkin holder.



2 comments:

Barbie said...

That is an awesome find! I haven't been to the thrift stores in a few weeks. I think it is time for me to get back there and see if I can find such great things!

Barbie said...

Thanks for your comment today. By the way, that sign that says Because Two People... is from Target for $9.99!!