Thursday, October 23, 2008

Creative costume planning

Ah yes, Halloween is only a week away now. Honestly, I am really not into the "so-called" holiday. I really don't decorate with all the spooky spiders, skeletons and other yucko stuff. In our home we are more into the basic fall theme, such as pumpkins, scarecrows and fall leaves. You know, the more pleasant (happy) side of the "so-called" holiday, or shall I say we make it a positive event.

I have to admit that I do love to be creative and make costumes rather than buy one. When all three of the girls were little I didn't have much of a choice, and I had to be creative because we didn't have the money to go to the store and buy pre-made costumes. Last year we bought Kaiden a pumpkin costume for $15, but this year I plan on being even more thrifty. My budget is $10 and I have already spent $1.12, so we will see if I can do it! Yes, you can go and spend $50 (or more) at Disney, but I like to use my creativity and think outside of the box. Speaking of the word box, a box will be part of Kaiden's costume this year, which was a freebee. I'm so excited about my idea and I can't wait to share it with everybody next week. Here is a little hint:

WOW, THIS PICTURE WAS TAKEN A YEAR AGO!!!

1 comments:

Ohilda said...

Ohhhh...I can't wait to see Kaiden's costume! Make sure to take lots of pics.

Hugs,

Ohilda