Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Drinking On The Job

Ahhhhhhh, finally we are getting rid of our lovely 1969 wood paneling from our family room. I have disliked that room since the day we moved in our home in 2002. I hated trying to decorate because no matter what I hung on the walls that room or placed on the fireplace mantel the room still screamed out 1969.

My husband has been working diligently since late August remodeling our kitchen and now he is getting ready to drywall our family room. After that is complete we are installing wood laminate flooring throughout our whole house (with the exception of the bathrooms and laundry room). He certainly deserves a nice cold one for all of his hard work! Honestly, he really hasn't had time to sit down and have a cold beer, but somebody else did 39 years ago!

While my hubby was ripping down the paneling we found a little suprise. I always thought that it would be cool to find a bundle of money in a wall that someone kept there for safekeeping, but no such luck. Somebody was certainly enjoying their work day 39 years ago!


Woooooo Hooooooo, the paneling is finally going bye-bye!

SUPRISE!!!

Look at the bottom of the can....tab top can. I remember those from back in the day. Wow, I'm really showing my age huh?

Found the tab! I hope the construction worker had a great day building our house. I wonder if we will find anymore cans.

1 comments:

Ohilda said...

Too funny about the can! I remember living in a house (gosh, I must've been 3 or 4 yrs old) that was mostly paneled walls.

It was in the late 60s. :)

Hugs,

Ohilda